Suffering and Love

I had an interesting thought the other day...

It came from a meeting at work... a one-on-one meeting where I was encouraged to think along the lines of "What's in it for me?", especially in my interactions with others. After all, that's how we "hook them" onto our agenda.

It's all too easy to think along those lines, but if we stop and consider the implications, where does that lead us?

If I interact with my co-workers, my kids, my spouse, my church, my community like that, all I'm doing is spreading seeds of "eros". However, we're called to live out a different kind of love: agape.

Why do we expect to see trees of AGAPE grow when we sow seeds of eros?

What if ALL our interactions were based on our best (albeit imperfect) understanding of the RIGHT THING? Well, that implies a sacrifice. It means doing what is in the best interest of others without regard to what they want, how they'll react, or whether I even WANT to do it.

That is the kind of love we're called to live out. Success is in the hands of God, it's just our responsibility to be faithful. We are called to be in this world and not of it...

Please pray for greater faithfulness in me and the entire Body.

Blessings, Peace and LOVE!

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father