Email from a friend on imminent terrorist threat

A friend of mine sent an email about an imminent terrorist threat, puportedly sent by a Juval Aviv. My reaction:
  • According to SNOPES, this is a hoax. (http://www.snopes.com/rumors/soapbox/juvalaviv.asp last updated almost a year ago)
  • However, anyone who has ever been involved with security in the military would agree with the assertions attributed to Mr. Aviv.
  • The recent call by the Obama administration to "overhaul" our intelligence community is a signal being sent to all terrorists to act while we're in a state of flux (makes me wonder if the president isn't trying to find a reason to demand sweeping changes since the Christmas day event was NOT actually successful); you don't make quick changes to mission critical systems, but rather, you enhance, test and eventually replace system errors when shortcomings are discovered.
  • The Lord gave me this word: "I am about to destroy a nation tall and strong, a people feared by many nations. And then I shall raise them up again as My people, a nation of towering oaks, trees of righteousness. Never have I released My wrath on so many, and never have so many been redeemed!" (http://mitchellmalloy.blogspot.com/2010/01/call-to-draw-closer-to-god-and-embrace.html) I believe this refers to the US (reference Isa 18)
  • Still, God will provide for His people and He will will reclaim us from our wickedness. The reason we are a target of Islam is because the US is leading the world into wicked ways through our exports of technology and entertainment. If we rise up in holiness and dedication to the Lord and His ways, I believe that He will relent of the wrath that is otherwise surely coming our way. This is a call to believers in this nation to be fully His, not to a nation that doesn't know Him. It starts with us... with renewal... individually and collectively.
Peace in the midst of this storm!

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father