Superpower Succession - The Return

I’m a fan of the Lord of the Rings, both the books and the movies, and while I believe some people can over-spiritualize Tolkien’s masterpiece, so much of this story resonates with me. For example: the Steward of Gondor is a regent from a line of regents whose role is to administer the country of Gondor until the rightful king returns. His title of “Steward” says it all; the country doesn’t belong to him, but the responsibility is clearly his. The role of a regent is bearing that responsibility and doing all that they can to see the rightful monarch ascend to the throne to ultimately support the king. 

But power is a hard thing to relinquish, and transitions are seldom easy. In the movie Return of the King, the Steward of Gondor had come to see himself as the rightful ruler and his progeny as the rightful successors to the throne. When the King of Gondor finally returned during the nation’s greatest peril, the Steward was less than helpful. 

Today is Shabbat Shuvah, the sabbath between Rosh Hosannah and Yom Kippur, and on this day The Return was planned ages ago. According to messianic rabbi and author, Jonathan Cahn, one of The Return’s leaders, the event was ordained as far back as the Babylonian captivity, planned ages ago and by divine providence coinciding with the theme of today’s Sabbath torah portion, or planned Scripture reading. It is a call to Return and Repent. I attended the entire event, and I truly believe it’s a moment of significance for our country. It was a time for a collective repentance for both our nation and the church.

I had longed to be there in person, but the Lord stopped me and had me attend virtually through the live stream. The Return included a Presidential Message on the National Day of Prayer and Return, and although issued by the President, he did not show up for the event. I wept multiple times throughout the 15-hour gathering, but I also struggled through some parts of the venue. I believe everything was done with good intentions, honoring spiritual fathers and our foundations. As the event progressed, I listened to prophetic proclamations that stirred my heart, and yet I also bristled at “prophetic” words that were not from God. 

Some of the most impactful messages were spoken by the organizers, Jonathan Cahn and Kevin Jessip. I applaud their courage, foresight and faithfulness in organizing this event. I don’t know if they’ll ever see my small blog, but I publicly thank them for implementing what my heart has been crying out to see. 

Today was a confession of sins, as a nation and as a body of believers, but understand: a confession of sins is just the start of repentance! The hard part is following through on the commitments made, standing firm in active opposition against the evil that we have allowed to fester and grow. It requires a persistent response and commitment to prayer. And we need righteous leaders, pastors who are going to inspire believers to Christian purity and civil leadership, praying pastors. We need mature congregations who insist on more than the milk they’ve been fed through seeker-sensitive and politically safe messages. Pray that God raises up these laborers because the harvest is truly great!

Yes, I believe this was a momentous day. The forerunners attending today’s Return will either bring greater repentance, purity and endeavor within the America Church, or the country will continue to slide into further depravity, facing providential judgement. Regardless, I believe it will be a struggle, a wrestling match between good and evil, and it will only be won by fighting for what is good in a way that glorifies God. 

Finally, we need to be prepared for what I saw in the Spirit during this time of National and Global Repentance: the mantle was shifted to Israel. You might be wondering what that means. Think of John the Baptist after baptizing Jesus, saying how John must decrease so that Jesus would increase. America will fall from Superpower status so that Israel will increase. The kingdom of the Antichrist will also try to fill that void, and it will appear to succeed until the King returns!

I love my country, and I do not want it to fall from power, but America has always been just a regent, a steward for the Kingdom to administer justice until the time of the King’s Return. Jesus is coming! No man knows the day nor the hour, but the world stage has been set, and America is destined to fall from Superpower status. I had prayed decades ago to know America’s role during the last days, and I asked God to show me where America was in the Bible. He led me by the Spirit to Isaiah 18 and a description of what will happen in America. There will be a pruning of the branches that have been grafted onto the vine, and I believe an upheaval in our land where the fruition of the seeds that were planted today will yield praise and adoration for our King. 

We have called Him Jesus, but His Jewish name is Y’shua, meaning Yahweh Saves. Hang on tight; the lukewarm will not survive! Be innocent as doves and wise and serpents… and prepare the way of the Lord! Y’shua is on the move!

copyright ©2020 Mitchell Malloy (http://mitchellmalloyblogspot.com/) 

The Return Logo


Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father