"Qui es veritas?" (i.e. - "What is truth?")

"'What is truth?' Pilate asked. With this he went out again to the Jews and said, 'I find no basis for a charge against him.' (John 18:38)

"Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified." (John 19:16)

My passion is, quite literally: "Truth". Pilate came from a very different perspective. For him, 'truth' was relative, so he was able to send a man that he believed to be innocent to a gruesome execution. A friend of mine sent me a very eye-opening link to a video on YouTube. I recommend everyone listen to the video and pray for this country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaE98w1KZ-c

Psalm 15 - A psalm of David.
1 LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?
2 He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart
3 and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman,

Isaiah 45:19 (New International Version)
19 I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.

John 16:13 (New International Version)
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father