Ezekiel's Prophecy for America

America is not specifically called out by name in the Bible,  but there are truths in the Bible we can look towards and say with confidence: "Surely, this applies to America!" Take Ezekiel 14 for example: 

12 The Lord spoke his word to me. He said, 13 “Son of man, suppose a country sins against Me by being unfaithful to Me. I will use my power against it, cut off its food supply, send a famine to it, and destroy its people and animals. 14 Even if these three men—Noah, Daniel, and Job—were in that country, they would, by their righteousness, rescue only themselves,” declares the Almighty Lord.

15 “Suppose I send wild animals through that country and they make it childless and turn it into such a wasteland that no one travels through it because of the animals. 16 As I live, declares the Almighty Lord, not even Noah, Daniel, and Job could rescue their own sons or daughters. They could rescue only themselves. And the country would become a wasteland.

17 “Suppose I bring a war against that country by saying, ‘I will let a war go throughout this country.’ Suppose I destroy the people and the animals in it. 18 As I live, declares the Almighty Lord, not even Noah, Daniel, and Job could rescue their sons or daughters. They could rescue only themselves.

19 “Suppose I send a plague into that country or pour out my fury on it by killing people and destroying animals. 20 As I live, declares the Almighty Lord, not even Noah, Daniel, and Job could, by their righteousness, rescue their sons or daughters. They could rescue only themselves.
Our nation was dedicated to God at it's foundations, and because I see the obvious increase in lawlessness, and corresponding decrease in love, I know that we as a country have been unfaithful. And as noted in previous posts we have openly and intentionally departed from God and His ways. Surely America fits the criteria of Ezekiel 14:13: a country that sins against God by being unfaithful to Him

So what can we expect? Look at the men being referenced in Ezekiel 14 and understand that while Noah was able to save his family from the flood, in our current scenario, he would only be able to save himself. So understand that unless America turns back to God, we will see a devastation like we've never known. And our children will not be spared from the coming wrath just because we have the saving grace of God in our lives; rather they will only be spared through the righteousness of Christ's saving grace in their own lives. 

This understanding creates a reverent fear in me for the sake of my own children. I love them each dearly and yet am concerned for them. Only God knows their hearts and their motivations, and I understand that God's Grace and Holiness are two sides of the same coin. I desperately desire for each of them to seek shelter in His shadow, to be made righteous by the covering of His Grace. 

Likewise, I desire this for each of my friends, my extended family and my co-workers... for all my countrymen! So I write this as a warning and plea, asking the reader to not even trust what I've written but to humbly believe what God has written compelling them to draw close to Jesus because the hour is near!

copyright ©2021 Mitchell Malloy (http://mitchellmalloyblogspot.com/)

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father