A Few Simple Rules

The Lord reminds me often (mostly because I need it). Here's a few simple rules to live by:
  • Love one another
  • Obey what God tells you to do
  • Remain in His Presence
  • Bear witness to all that He does

 Or in His words:
 
"I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you... I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.... A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another... You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
 
"If you love me, you will obey what I command... I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful... Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
 
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you... You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other... Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also... If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father... And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning."
 
John 13:15, 20, 34-35, 14:14-15, 15:1-2, 4-7, 16-17, 20, 24, 27 (NIV)

 

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father