Call to Draw Closer to God and Embrace His Ways

This is an impotant message for all believers in America

Summary
  • We are being called back to God and His ways, away from pleasure-seeking and secular thought patterns.
  • Starting in January those who will intercede should start assembling.
  • Pray in preparation for larger gatherings in mid February, with hope for growing participation in a renewal.
  • This is not a one time event, we are being called to a change of life-style, to be holy without being legalistic.
Call to Draw Closer to God and Embrace His Ways

I believe that the Body of Christ in America is called to come back to the Lord, that the economic season we are undergoing is one of the ways in which He is calling us back to Him. On the weekend of Dec. 4th 2009, I asked the question: What is the Father doing? I thought at the time: "Hey, if that's what Jesus does, shouldn't I be trying to imitate Him?" The answer I received was:
  1. Calling His People Back (to Him; to the basics of Christianity)
  2. Warning of Judgment
  3. Raising Up New Leadership
  4. Pruning the Vine
  5. Pouring Out His Spirit
I could go into many more details into the "why" I believe He is calling us back, as well as why and how we've wandered, but for brevity's sake will not. Over that weekend, He led me to a group of intercessors, who are praying for America, and the leader of the intercessors led us to Leviticus 26 as he spoke about an increased persecution.

On the 16th, the Lord led me again to Leviticus 26, where I believe He indicated that we're at a crossroads where we can either find His blessing or see the hardships inflicted in greater measure, specifically on our children and our land.

On the morning of December 29th, I was again reflecting on how to join Him, when He gave me this word:

Join Me. Follow Me. Lead others into the stillness of My peace, for I am a Loving God and not a harsh tyrant. But I will not suffer My people to live in disobedience or to be snared by another man's idols.

You are My people, created for a special purpose of My making. Come back to Me or I will extend My hand a little further so the stings of the Enemy are felt more clearly. You will not be destroyed, but you will not feel and know My full protection.

I Am Lord, and I will suffer no gods before Me. I will not tolerate My people to wander away in desire for lesser things. I will not let go of My people or allow them to let go of Me.

You want to join Me? Follow Me! Do not let your heart be seduced by the fleeting pleasures of this age, which is about to end, which is coming to a close. I am about to do a great work, one that has never been done before and will never be done again. I am about to destroy a nation tall and strong, a people feared by many nations. And then I shall raise them up again as My people, a nation of towering oaks, trees of righteousness. Never have I released My wrath on so many, and never have so many been redeemed!

You want to join Me? Then speak My words, write them down, and send them out for all nations to read.

If repentance is a turning back to God and His ways, then this is a season of repentance, a call away from pleasure-seeking and secular thought patterns. What I'm suggesting is that in January those who will intercede should start assembling. Whether we are many, few or just one, we should pray in preparation for larger gatherings in mid February, with hope for growing participation in a renewal. This is not a one time event or a short-term activity, we are being called to a change of life-style, to be holy without being legalistic. It's the difference between a crash-diet and a real commitment to healthy living.

This message posted in PDF format as Prophecy for America - 20091229 and can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Indy24x7Prayer/files/

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father