An Outpouring of the Spirit

I was driving to church on Sunday November 1st, All Saints Day by the church calendar, and saw what looked like a white dove. God sometimes gets my attention through things I see, and prompts me to pray. This was one of those occasions. As I’m sure all of you are aware, the Holy Spirit is often represented as a white dove, so as I have continued to seek Him and His Will, I believe He has given me a word for you, His people, who are reading this message: God is planning to again pour out His Spirit on his people, on those who seek Him. I believe this will come “soon”, being immanent in God’s timing, and is associated with Biblical End Times prophecy.

No man knows the day nor the hour, and with God’s help I will never fall into the trap of saying “when”. According to Jesus, ONLY the Father knows the timing… not even the Son. It’s always been His plan to pour out His Spirit in the last days, and the time is closer now than it has ever been before. So unless you insist on a preterist interpretation of Scripture, in which case you are in error, I can tell you that it lines up with the Bible. He has given us this word in Scripture, both in the Old Testament and as reminded in the New Testament:
No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: “‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.” — Acts 2:16-18 
As I’ve prayed about this over the past week, the Lord led me as well to Isaiah 44:3, reminding me of a song He gave me as a prayer, abbreviated below: 
Won’t you shed a tear for My land, Arabah?
Come and shed a tear for My people, Arabah!
Won’t you shed a tear… come and say a prayer…
won’t you say a prayer for my people, Arabah!
Arabah means ‘”desolate and dry area” in Hebrew. We, His people are dry and in need of the Living Water that flows from Jesus. Our prayers are tears that water the dry and thirsty land that is the natural state of our hearts. God is moving and ready to pour His Spirit out on His people, on anyone willing to trust and obey Him, on anyone who is willing to seek Him. 
For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. —Luke 11:10
Seek Him and pray for His people, Arabah.

Copyright © 2015 – Mitchell Malloy (http://mitchellmalloyblogspot.com/)


Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father