The Awakening

“This is a little unusual.”

“I know, but she always liked to feel special, and she has always felt uncertain and scared about this moment, knowing it would come.”

“No one is going to shout ‘Surprise!’, are they? God, I hope not!” 

“No. No, not this time.” He said, smiling broadly with a twinkle in the eye. “They all know how she feels. But this is going be fun! I’ve been looking forward to this so much!”
The young woman was cautiously walking toward them from the darkness, toward all of them, looking both concerned and confused, definitely nervous. She was beautiful! Dark hair, dark eyes, looking to be in her late twenties or possibly thirty. Like many others before her, she was confused and relieved to no longer feel the stiffness, the aches, the constant pain throughout her body. It both added to the confusion, yet encouraged her with each step.

Not many people had this large of a reception, so many that knew her and were waiting for her. 

The first one she recognized, the one who kept coaxing her closer was Jack, her husband.. but it was a young and thin Jack. At first, she had mistaken him for her grandson, Jon, but it was Jack! With the realization, she walked faster, taking his hand as he pulled her into the crowd. Wait! There was her sister, Vickie smiling brightly next to Tom… and then she saw her parents! Both younger than she had ever known them.. and Carol… and Tony! They all started to crowd her now! So many people she had missed for so long! She had been alone so long, but no more!!
“I love this! I love seeing her here… I love her so much!” 

“But she barely knew you.”

“Oh, she knew me! She knew me through the people in her life, but more importantly: I knew her! Now, I’m going to welcome Claudette.”
The man started walking through the crowd. Seeing Him approach, each person knowingly and eagerly made way for Him.

His smile only grew as He approached, and His eyes shone brightly. His walk was both regal and light, almost dancing with joy as He approached her. Jack finally let her go, and her parents pulled her towards them, parting so she could walk between them to present her to the King. 
“Why should I let you into my kingdom?” He said, still smiling, knowing her response. 

“Because you invited me here…Jesus.” She said, still a bit cautious.

“Yes I did, didn’t I?” He said with a big laugh as they embraced for the first time. She looked like a little girl, hugging her best friend / older brother.
And with that happy moment the light of heaven grew, cheers erupting from all the family and friends as the greater throng of heaven suddenly was revealed. It was a vast gathering and all of heaven celebrates her entry, trusting like a child, the promises of Jesus.

In loving memory of my mom in this new day and new year of her eternal life.



So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away —look, what is new has come!

2 Corinthians 5:17

copyright ©2020 Mitchell Malloy (http://mitchellmalloyblogspot.com/) 

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father