What's a soul anyway?

Now, I can't find this definition in Websters (which by the way does NOT carry the authority of scripture) but a person I respected once gave me this definition of the soul: it's the habit of thinking – the thoughts that we believe without even realizing it's a thought. A stronghold in our soul would be a negative belief (e.g. - a "lie") that we've bought into. For example: "I need a drink", "I can't resist ______", "I can't control my temper", etc.

Satan wants your soul. He wants to control those habits of thoughts that you accept without thinking, those habitual thought-patterns that control how you feel and allow you to see and perceive truth. He wants your soul in order to control you. It is the first battleground, and if that land is lost, you are a weapon in the enemy's hands.

"Resist the Devil and he will flee." Allow the renewing our your mind through the daily reading and meditating on God's Word. Take captive every thought and be doers of the Word as you walk through your day. Your mind is a weapon in God's hands for the renewal of your soul and the recapturing of your heart.

"Hear O [you who struggle with God], the Lord our God is One! Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." (Deut 6:4-6)

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father