Revelation, Interpretation and Application

Light in the Darkness
I believe the Holy Spirit is alive and well that we still see all the gifts of the Spirit working through God’s people. There are Bible believing Christians who think otherwise, and I don’t doubt they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. Some would say that there are ordinary gifts that exist today, but that extraordinary gifts that were only meant for a certain period in history as the Church was forming. A lot of their belief comes from a verse in Revelation warning against adding anything to that book and a sincere desire to obey God’s word. They base their understanding on Revelation 22:18 to not add anything to the book. However, the Greek word used describes a book of Scripture and not the entirety of Scripture as used in 2 Timothy 3:16. 

So, yes, I believe the gift of prophecy didn’t die with the last of Jesus’ twelve disciples, and I believe that God still speaks to people who humble themselves in prayer and obedience, seeking to hear from Him. He has revealed things to me in visions, words, silent voices, dreams and even smells. He gave me a vision for my son who had not been born, and years later that vision was manifest in reality. He also gave me words on election night this year. 

The Revelation

People struggle to understand the extraordinary gift of prophecy, yet still the Bible encourages us to ask for this gift. There are many spiritual gifts, some which are endowed from birth by God the Father (constitutional), some granted by Jesus to empower us in the station He has ordained for us (positional), and some as bestowed by the Holy Spirit for the benefit of others (situational). As mentioned above, these gifts may be ordinary, such as wisdom or knowledge, or extraordinary, such as prophecy and healing. God works in His people, through His people and for His people. His people are both the Remnant of Israel as well as the Body of Believers we call the Church. When God gives a word of Revelation, that word should not be modified in the slightest as warned in Deuteronomy 4:2, 12:32, and Revelation 12:18. So when God speaks to me, I am careful to not add an interpretation to that word. 

For example, on election night He spoke to me as it appeared that Trump would be re-elected, and He said two things. First, He said “284 electoral votes”. I wasn’t sure if I heard correctly, and so I listened more intently, which is when I heard Him say “The fix is in”. I shared what God told me to my wife, but did not publish it anywhere. 

Sometimes God gives me a word so that I will draw closer to Him for more understanding, and sometimes He wants me to intercede. He doesn’t need me to accomplish anything, but He allows me to join Him in what He’s doing because He wants a relationship with me, just as He desires a relationship with all His people. He doesn’t always show us what to do; rather, He invites us to humbly and joyfully join Him in His work, fully dependent upon Him in all the wondrous things He is doing. 

The Interpretation

When someone hears from God, they can assume they understand the revelation and jump to an interpretation. I’ve done that before. It seemed so obvious that I just assumed I understood what God was saying. I’ve also made the mistake of listening to other’s interpretation without pressing in for God’s confirmation. But hopefully I’ve learned through these decades of walking with Him that while others may confirm what God is telling me, but they cannot replace Him in the discernment process. If He gives me a word, I need listen more intently until He gives me an understanding the revelation as well as how to apply it.  Also, there are times where I need to just trust His word for me and set it aside for a time, similar to how He gave the prophet Daniel an End Times prophecy and then told him to seal it up as something He did not need to understand. 

Any interpretation of a prophetic revelation must line up with God’s truth, and while it may violate religious practices in order to reveal a greater understanding of Scripture, it will not contradict the values and principles God has laid out in the Scriptures. For example, Peter’s interpretation about God’s will for gentile believers, which came from a vision about unclean foods. 

I once gave a prophetic word to man, telling him that God would give him the desires of his heart. I had a sense that God was going to bless him and his wife with a baby, but I only gave the words that had been given to me. The next day, this man and his wife confronted me and said that they rejected the word I gave them as not from God. He explained how he still desired a past girlfriend, and God wouldn’t give him that desire as he was married. I agreed that his interpretation of my revelation did not line up with the sanctity of marriage we find in the Bible. We spoke further about what I sensed and hoped, and a few weeks later, he and his wife told me how they were expecting their first child. 

There is a revelation, and an interpretation and often there is an application. We often stop too soon, focusing on a misunderstanding of the revelation. Yet even with a solid interpretation, we frequently fail to understand how to apply what God has revealed. As Election Week 2020 unfolded, I looked to the states that were leaning toward President Trump and added up the electoral votes with the ones already declared in his favor. The total was 284 electoral votes. In my mind it made sense, yet as I prayed about it further, it didn’t feel right. I wondered if the second message I heard on election night was the reason that it didn’t feel right. I went for a walk, praying off and on as I listened to a podcast. The thought occurred to me to see if 284 could be a number associated with the Biden campaign. But as did a similar tally, I came up with a higher number of electoral votes and didn’t think anything more about it. I continued to wonder about the significance of “284 electoral votes”, all the while becoming more certain that “the fix is in”, believing that the confirmation of the first word would clarify the second word He gave me on election night.

That is exactly what happened. The Associated Press declared Biden victor, and as I looked up his total electoral votes at that time of his declared victory, it came out to 284 electoral votes. The press have since declared Biden winner in Nevada as well, raising his total electoral votes. All the while stories of voter fraud continue to surface, and the President has demanded an investigation. The mainstream media and social media dispute Trump’s claims, while the finger-pointing and accusations we’ve become accustomed to continue to escalate.

In the past, God has supernaturally revealed to me when someone has tried to deceive me, and it’s a challenging bit of information. How should we apply that knowledge? Satan is the accuser of men, and he is also a great deceiver. Not everything that is supernatural comes from God, and we need to both question the source of this information and be on our guard in how to apply it. When God reveals a truth, I try to press in for greater understanding and ask for wisdom. I don’t share the revelation with everyone, and I certainly don’t act rashly on it until I have more information.

The Application

“God showed me they’re lying!” is not a wise way to open a conversation. If God reveals something, then we should seek to join Him in what He is doing. If we get a peek behind the curtain so to speak, we need to press in further and gather more information.

I confess that over the years I have learned not to trust the mainstream media and big tech. I see a repeated history of deceptive and biased reporting as well as the suppression of the truth. The behavior is not confined to “liberal” news networks; I don’t trust Fox News any more than CNN. Reuters and The Associated Press have also perpetuated misinformation. 

Perhaps errors and omissions have occurred with good intent, and we should always try to assume the best in others. However, we can’t continue to trust a person or group of people who have repeatedly abused that trust. I have repeatedly witnessed them twist the President’s words over the past 4 years and suppress newsworthy stories that would favor his administration, including an historic Mideast peace treaty. Trusting them to tell me the truth about voter fraud is like trusting the proverbial fox to guard a hen house, but just because they’ve been caught in the past doesn’t mean they are wrong now. We need to look at what we currently know and what we don’t know. 

The facts are: 

  1. President Trump has often acted unpresidential and has a vested interest in the outcome of the election. Would he want to “fix” the election outcome in his favor?
  2. Still, we have a duly elected public official claiming a grave injustice has occurred. (New York Post on PA Election Challenge)
  3. Conservative, non-traditional media outlets support the President’s claims (e.g. - Evidence of USPS Corruption in PA and Discussion on AZ Voter Fraud
  4. The mainstream media has repeatedly shown a bias reporting against Trump, which been intentional in many cases. (e.g. - CNN Coverage Bias - watch the entire video!)
  5. We are seeing repeated efforts by the same questionable media sources in conjunction with big tech (google search, Facebook, Twitter) to suppress the information reported by the non-traditional news sources (e.g. - Prager U
  6. The mainstream news and globalists are all acting as if the Biden victory is a fact and the country should just move forward, portraying Trump as a sore loser. (Jim Acosta: "Sore Loser?" and associated news commentary
  7. “Moving on” without resolving the root cause will breed greater friction between the red-blue factions in America. If we want resolution rather than just avoidance, we need to address the root cause: We have contradictory information with people on both sides claiming the others are “liars”. 

The answer is simple but not easy. The American people need more information. The accusations need to be investigated and transparently communicated by the impartial investigative committee. If the allegations are wrong, we move on with Biden as the duly elected Command-in-Chief. However, even if we discover they are valid, a transparent investigation will reveal whether or not it impacted election results and we will know who the duly elected President is. Any attempt to move forward without a transparent investigation into the facts will breed greater division in the United States and rightly arouse defenders of the constitution into more extreme action. Edmond Burke was correct in saying that all evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing. 

Every patriot should take action in requesting… no demanding a transparent investigation into all accusations of voter fraud in every state, and we should not rest until the answer is clear: what is the legal outcome of election 2020?

Every Christian Patriot should ask God to reveal the truth and show them how to respond to the truth He reveals. The following was sent to me, a template letter that every patriotic voter can use and modify. Send it to the President and send it to all your congressional representatives. It reads:

Your Name
123 Your Street
Your City, ST 12345
(123) 456-7890
no_reply@example.com


November 7, 2020


President Donald J. Trump

White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20500


Dear Mr. President,

My vote is the most envied tangible asset in the world. We the people of the United States of America govern - we are not governed. Our VOTE represents our FREEDOM.

On November 3, 2020, my voice was not heard at the ballot box. In essence, my freedom was taken away. As a shareholder of this nation in which my taxes fund the positions of all elected officials, I have the right to audit all activities funded and driven with my fiscal contributions.

I respectfully request a FULL audit across the nation. All 50 states, not just the contested states. I request a full report to be made public and all those that violated my interest as a shareholder of this nation to be HELD accountable.

My vote counts. My voice matters. I look to you President Donald J. Trump to honor my request and defend my freedom.


Sincerely,


Your Name

copyright ©2020 Mitchell Malloy (http://mitchellmalloyblogspot.com/) 


Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father