A Call to Fast Dec. 1st through 3rd

I believe the Lord is calling many of us to fast. If He has placed that desire in your heart, then we should seek His will for what that looks like. It may be that He is calling you to do a complete fast (no food or water), or He may just be calling you to give up one choice food (e.g. - a cup of coffee, sweets, etc.). It could be for 1 day or 40 days. All we have to offer Him is not enough, yet He honors even the smallest step we take towards Him!

But whatever a "fast" may look like for you, this much I know from my own failures at fasting: I've done it to "lose weight" (doesn't work!) or to edify myself ("look how 'strong' I am!"). Fasting for the wrong reasons is a waste of time.

However, it is very powerful and FREEING to fast when done in the right way: every time you have the desire for that thing from which you are abstaining, it is a reminder to pray. I say: "Lord, you are more important to me than _____" or "Lord, hear my prayer for _____! It is more important than what I am temporarily giving up!"

I am joining with others to fast Friday through Sunday. Although we may have different objectives, I believe the Lord will honor our feeble attempts to draw close to Him in unison.

I am anxious to hear what the Lord does through us as we assault the very gates of hell! Darkness is the absence of Light; Cold is the absence of Heat; Evil is the absence of God. As we collectively draw close to God's Presence... His Love, the Enemy will tremble. He is trembling to know our plans even as I type.

Please forward this message on to others as the Lord leads.

Soli Deo Gloria! (To God alone be the Glory!)

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father