The World as Best as I Understand

There was a man who lived in a garden, perfect in every way.
And he could eat of all the fruit, except for one from which God said to refrain.
"For the day you eat that fruit," the Lord said, "you will surely die."
Yet still he took a bite, and I'll tell you why:
He said: "This fruit that's in my hands
will help me understand
how to live life as my own god."

So sin entered the world that day, staining it in every way
ruining the fabric of all life.
Yet Yahweh said: "I'll make a way!
"I'll plant a vine and graft on branches,
the branches will grow green with leaves.
And they will bear much fruit.
And renew the face of the earth."

So came a Man into this desert, perfect in every way.
The prophets say He is the Shepherd of the people that Yahweh chose to save.
Still many who hear His Voice still go their separate ways.
They say: "God's given me a choice and this is what I say:
`There's strength that's in my hands
and I've a brain that understands.
I'll do the good that I choose!'"

And sadly, the Church today echoes those words in many ways.
Tell me: "Who is God and who is not?"
For Jesus said (He says today!):
"I am the Vine. You are branches.
If a man remains in Me and I in Him,
then he will bear much fruit.
Apart from Me, you can do nothing.

So let us pray! Let us pray:
"You are the Vine; we are Your branches.
Lord Jesus remain in all of our hearts
so we will bear You much fruit
and renew the face of the earth!"

Copyright © 2006 – Mitch Malloy

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father