Good Friday 2020

I am thankful for our God: Who never abandons us, Who is always patient with us, Who is faithfully working in us to become the people He has called us to be. He reveals truth to His people and steadfastly brings it to fruition. We are impatient, expecting an immediate answer to our prayers, which He sometimes does but more often makes us wait. 

Why does God make us wait? I honestly don’t know. It could be because He knows that once we get a quick answer or a quick deliverance, we don’t appreciate it as much. Maybe it’s because He wants us to develop a habit, a lifestyle, of drawing close to Him. Maybe He likes to build the suspense to develop our character and help us to trust Him as He catches us… just in time… each and every time. 

Last weekend I suggested we pray. Last year I suggested we pray. 13 years ago I wrote an urgent message. 30 years ago, I said a prayer that changed everything for me. God has been patient and faithful, and He will do as He said He would. We can find shelter in Him in the midst of every storm. Draw close and hang on! 

The Lord says this to the family of Israel:
“Seek me so you can live!
Amos 5:4

copyright ©2020 Mitchell Malloy (http://mitchellmalloyblogspot.com/)

Popular posts from this blog

What is Alpha?

If I were an Atheist

Challenges of a Father